Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mount Baldy


Mom and I ventured out again tonight, not leaving the apartment until 6:00 pm! Our destination was Eagle River's Mount Baldy. Mom calls it 'Old Baldy' apparently she has some history with the mountain. We trucked on up in 50 foot increments (taking rests so mom could catch her breath). I left her again at about 3/4 way up to sit and enjoy the scenery while I made the last leg. Stunning views from the top, I can't believe I'm actually here! You need to come see this place:)

.
"I'm singing joyful praise to God. I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God's Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer.
I feel like I'm king (queen) of the mountain!" Habakkuk 3:18-19

3 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day, Rach! Tell your mom & brothers "Hello!" from the Brekkes. Tomorrow Dave and I fly into the Falls!! Woop-woop!!!

    Did you know Katie Bruggeman is living in Anchorage this summer doing an internship during Law School summer break. You need to get on facebook! That's where all the info is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beautiful pics. Glad to know that you are in your element. I love and miss you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had no idea she was up here too. Where? Any contact info? And "Big Zii" as my students always say to me it means 'no' in ojibwe so nope, I'm not a facebooker. I'll leave that in your very capable hands:)

    ReplyDelete