Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Me of Little Faith

"God reflects His goodness, holiness, and love through us."
~Pastor Mark

So while I was up here worrying away about my selfish troubles, and before I was even asking for prayer, God was tapping my pastor at my home church to pray for me!!!! This is amazing to me, seriously it was before I even asked! If you get a chance listen to this, I'm so humbled, truly and gratefully humbled and incredibly encouraged. In awe of God who is taking care of us all along.

http://www.haywardwesleyan.org/Portals/0/Sermons/9_13_09.mp3

Just highlight the address above, copy and paste it into your address box,
hit enter and you should be able to listen to it:)


Yep that's my Pastor Mark and my beautiful church family! Thank you all, I can't believe it, I love and miss you all dearly. Again I will say that you have poured into my life so much that through you God enabled me to venture north filled with your love, support, and encouragement.
Wow. This has been 3 days of jaw dropping grace. God is really something you guys. He is really something. And we are nothing without His reflection. I know Jim and Steph and I (the baby congregation up here;) will get kick out of this sermon this weekend. Quyana Pastor Mark.

If you are ever in Hayward swing by and visit the Hayward Wesleyan Church. That's an official invite, tell 'em I said to say Waqaa;)

"This mystery has been kept in the dark for a long time, but now it's out in the open. God wanted everyone, not just Jews, to know this rich and glorious secret inside and out, regardless of their background, regardless of their religious standing. The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, so therefore you can look forward to sharing in God's glory. It's that simple. That is the substance of our Message. We preach Christ, warning people not to add to the Message. We teach in a spirit of profound common sense so that we can bring each person to maturity. To be mature is to be basic. Christ! No more, no less. That's what I'm working so hard at day after day, year after year, doing my best with the energy God so generously gives me."
Colossians 1:26-29


7 comments:

  1. Hi from Hayward, Rachel. Just popping in to say hello. Yes, your home church family is praying for you. Your blog is fantastic! May our Abba bless you richly up there! Sue Bartz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue! Hiyaho...that's also hi in Yupik but I probably spelled it wrong. So nice to hear from you. Please greet everyone for me. I hope all is well for you in Hayward! Oh, soak up the fall colors for me when they arrive. Not much color change up here until everything is white. Thanks for the note. Stop by anytime! Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, My mens Bible study group calls this 2x4 theology, it is where God sort of smacks you in the side of the head with a 2x4 and says Listen!! It is a small reminder that God is always talking to us we just need to listen!! This happens to me alot, but I am always reminded I just need to be still and listen. Oh, by the way I will tell you what a good friend always tells me when I tell him I need prayer-I got your back!!
    Love You Kid!!! Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Joe! 2X4 Theology that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I had just talked with you Saturday night, and you told me your troubles. Sunday morning was a sweet surprise when Pastor Mark mentioned you, your adventure, and your bravery. I was so excited that we were greeting you and praying for you, especially since I was aware of what you were going through, and I knew Pastor Mark had no idea. I sat there smiling, thinking, "Way to go, God!" It was so hard to keep my mouth shut the next time we spoke. I'm so happy you found your surprise!!
    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel,
    What a blessing it was for all of us -- especially upon hearing "the rest of the story." Wow! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Pastor Mark! Yes, He is...All The Time!

    ReplyDelete