Sunday, September 13, 2009

To Forever Friends...

"Sometimes in life, you find a special friend. Someone who changes your life just by being a part of it. Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop. Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world. Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it. This is forever friendship. When you're down and the world seems dark and empty, your forever friend lifts you up in spirit and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full. Your forever friend gets you through the hard times, the sad times and the confused times. If you turn and walk away, your forever friend follows. If you lose your way, your forever friend guides you and cheers you on. Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay. And if you find such a friend, you feel happy and complete because you need not worry. You have a forever friend, and forever has no end." ~Unknown

I know I say this often but it is because it is so true. I'm thinking of the wonderful friends I am blessed with all along this journey of life. From Quinhagak to Hayward, around the world and back. This post was on Lisa's Blog to me back in August. Today I needed to read it and imagine her reading it to me. Thank You Lord for friends. Thank you Lis, for sharing your gift of words with me, you have no idea the encouragement I receive from you. I'm dedicating it back to you and to so many others.

For Rachel...


There is something
sweet
and wonderful
about the sound
of a friend's voice.
Especially
when that friend is
far away.

Her voice
was musical...
it's sound
reassuring
and comforting,
like an old blanket
on a cool, autumn night.
The soft sound of contentment in her voice
brought peace to my heart.
I am happy for her,
for she is in a place
many long to be.
That special place in life,
when one knows
beyond a shadow of a doubt,
that it is
exactly
where God has gently placed them.

Shine on, dear one, shine on,
knowing you are loved,
and encouraged.
Encouraged to brave the storms,
to bask in the sunlight,
and to tread the cool waters of life.

You, my friend,
are an inspiration
to everyone you touch,
to everyone you meet.
For when they meet you,
it is more than the wonderful person you are,
the awesome creation God made,
that they see...
For when they meet you,
they see Jesus,
and are immediately comforted,
content,
and happy
in your presence,
even though
they may not know why.

By Lisa

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence."
Psalm 16: 11

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's my turn to sit in a puddle of tears. Thank you, my friend, thank you.
    Praying everything wrong in your world becomes right,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete