Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Night in Quinhagak

"Now for the traffic report. Maggie O'Connell just drove down Main Street...too fast."

Chris In the Morning, Northern Exposure

Urban Ski Joring (Katie this is in honor of your Urban Dogsledding)

"Hike, hike! Let's go!" Steph and I cheered on our future mushing teams just like Sherry taught us, as we whooshed off onto the snowgo trail taking full advantage of our new fallen snow (not a lot but enough to ski on). We skied right out of teacher housing down the road, past the honey bucket dumpster (which I learned is called a 'hopper') past the washeteria, past the dumpsters out onto the tundra toward the mountains. So here are some shots of our trek.


I'm having a glass of milk right now and I realize I didn't put enough milk (the powdered kind) in the pitcher when I made it. That's right! The milk I drink comes straight outa the box, just add water. The stuff I made tonight? Less than skim, kinda milk flavored water.


Running to the middle of nowhere
last night I inhaled the scenery, to my right hot pink sunset and to my left snow covered mountains. Then over the little hill okay its hardly a hill but when you get on the other side of it you can't see the village so it is elevated enough to lose the horizon behind it, hence for our purposes we will call it a hill... on my way back 'over the hill' I see my friend Kathy on her way out! We high five as we jog past each other sharing a moment of exhilaration, comradere, appreciating the joy of just getting out there and running for it. It's fun to be in good company of others who enjoy similar experiences,isn't it. Better yet, to encourage other, push each other along. It's like a marathon sometimes, we're all in pain but can't help smiling cause together we are finishing the race! What a great moment! We're doing it, we are really doing it.

What Dreams Say...Pauline one of our stellar teachers here, shared with me today that she had dreamed about scriptures last night. This jogged my memory about my dream last night; it wasn't nearly as profound as Pauline's. I drempt that I had "Sesame Street" tatooed on my foot? You think I've been working with little kids lately??????

I was fighting traffic on my way to work this morning, as Wasillie, our Village Police Officer more well known as 'Was' the VPO, cruised by in his truck. I waved, I couldn't see him but I knew it was him, recognized the truck, even in the darkness of the am. That was right before Justin zinged past me up on foot, he speed walks to work, I wander. Then the Hooten Clan, all 4 of them, loaded on their wheeler, the Clampets you might refer to them, flew by me. Then Principal Eric sped by on his wheeler with a few miscellaneous kids he picked up along the way. Kids are walking with parents and being hauled over on wheelers. The draw this dark morning is school. Like a magnet we all make our way to the big blue tin building at the north end of the village. This scene makes me chuckle I love working in the bush.




Brightest moon in 2010 appears tonight for anyone who's interested!


"Barricade the road that goes Nowhere;
grace me with your clear revelation.
I choose the true road to Somewhere,
I post your road signs at every curve and corner.
I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me;
God, don't let me down!
I'll run the course you lay out for me
if you'll just show me how." Psalm 119:30-32

No comments:

Post a Comment