Friday, May 13, 2011

How to Begin to Say Good Bye???

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. 
~Mary Jean Iron


Fishing and duck hunting on the Arolik

It's graduation and prom today.  Time is flying.  This week has been full of scrambling around trying to tie up loose ends, wrapping up lessons and classes just general completing of  things, multiple trips to the post office, paperwork, paperwork, and some paperwork.  Erin is with us from the DO for the last time this week:( A welcomed visitor and friend.  We ran to the Arolik Wednesday night with the pups and then out to the cell phone tower last night around 10:30 pm!  At bible study they surprised me with a little farewell party which I nearly slept through had Steph not come over to my house and woke me up in time to go.  Tak has been trying to bounce around my room all night playing instead of sleeping which he had been doing so well.   I kenneled him last night since the night before neither Erin nor I got much sleep because of his nocturnal energy.  Let's see what else can I tell you about.  I had a note stuck to the outside of my door the other day from one of my students, the funny part?  It was stuck to the door with chewed gum...rather ingenious I thought:)  Yep, it's just happening...time is going away from me. Oh, read a great book by Todd Burpos "Heaven Is For Real" get it, if you want an inspiring, easy read.  Kevin (our amazing speech path) is here again this week too.  He had the kids all put their fingerprints on a paper with a precious letter to me...made me cry and of course I've got make up on today for graduation and prom.  Go figure.  I've been doing that a lot lately...crying, I just don't know when it's going to sneak up on me.  I'm gonna miss this time in my life, kinda makes my stomach sick, that yucky homesick feeling.  We all have things like that.  I think back to when I first arrived crying...it appears to have come full circle...It seems I will leave doing none other than crying.  
I am a big baby, I might as well embrace it.

A couple from Quin plucking ducks they caught.







The Kanektok Open Again






Across the melting tundra.








A Hug From Quinhagak - With Open Arms



"I kneel in prayer to the Father. All beings in heaven and on earth receive their life from him. God is wonderful and glorious. I pray that his Spirit will make you become strong followers and that Christ will live in your hearts because of your faith. Stand firm and be deeply rooted in his love. I pray that you and all of God's people will understand what is called wide or long or high or deep. I want you to know all about Christ's love, although it is too wonderful to be measured. Then your lives will be filled with all that God is. I pray that Christ Jesus and the church will forever bring praise to God. His power at work in us can do far more than we dare ask or imagine. Amen."
Ephesians 3:14-21

No comments:

Post a Comment