Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fun In The Tundra


Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music.
~William Stafford

"Hey, Hey, Rangle," one of my speech kiddos, Adin excitedly ordered, "Cose your eyes! Now yook at Me!"
This is the sight that I beheld. Just the surprise I needed during a midweek blah. So entertained was I that it seemed fitting to share Adin's humor with you all. Connie in the background got a good kick out of it too. Just when paperwork, data, laws, data, mandates, data, protocols, data, testing, and data loom over you like a whiteouting Northeaster... An 'Adin' breeze thaws you and gently reminds you why you do what you do in the first place. A breath of 'fresh air' so to speak.

Here's an interesting little tidbit Connie just shared with me. If you are ever lost in the tundra in the winter (this could happen, Karen and I tried to go running last night at 7pm in a windstorm, not my most shining moment) you can figure out which direction is which by digging a hole in the snow down to the ground. Once you see the grasses you observe which way they are laying because they almost always freeze from the northeast. Of course that probably wouldn't help me since I wouldn't know which way to go from there anyway. But for those of you not so directionally challenged as myself, there ya go. Tuck it away for that just in case you're lost in the tundra moment.


Taking full advantage of the new fallen snow today, our intensive kiddos donned the newly waxed skis and had a go. None of them had even been on skis and all of them loved it! What fun:) What a great staff we have willing to have a new adventurous experience.
Kusokokwim 300 Dogsled Race starts Friday night in Bethel. We'll be watching the results from afar. Go Dogs Go!

"Children are a blessing and a gift from the LORD."

Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment