Saturday, January 8, 2011

I'm a Mom (Sort of)

Happiness is a warm puppy.
~Charles M. Schulz


Exciting Arrivals: Our Newest Additions to the Quin Pack
We have puppies! That's right yesterday Seeker had a beautiful litter of pups. We've all been anxiously awaiting their arrival. Got the phone call from Sherry that the first one was healthy around 10:00 am. 3 more followed and when it was all over we have 2 males and 2 females. Sherry is our resident obstetrician. So one of those precious babes is mine! Can't wait:) All Ani has been talking about is how excited he is to have a little sister or brother. I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm doing the same.

The Magic School Bus Limps On
Everyday, rather every time we turn the bus off and need to restart it, Principal Eric has to jump it to get it running. It's not an ideal situation (especially for Boss) but it works. Or at least is going to have to until a new battery can be secured, heard the order was placed. The school suburban is reportedly on the brink too. So it seems our Quin Fleet has taken a pretty hard hit lately but we are keepin on keepin on. Since we can't drop the ailing vehicles of at the local mechanic we (by we I mean Principal Eric and our stellar school maintenance men) are forced take matters into their own hands. Don't ask me how they do it maybe call the dealer. Like a non medical trained person forced to perform emergency surgery with instructions from a doctor via satellite phone, like that one House episode.

Time-Where does it go!!!?
It's January already. Steph and I got out last night for a quick ski jor.






Water Worries and Other Day to Day Adventures of Village Living
Word in the steams is that the village water plant is short on water. Evidently somewhere underground, similar to my own kitchen sink conundrum, but on a much larger scale...the pipes froze. I see they have some heavy equipment and are digging up the solid tundra in search of the blockage. Principal Eric says to fill some buckets with water just in case. We girls decided totes were more appropriate. The spare bedroom may well become the water room very soon.

This just in: It is no longer a rumor, confirmation as of this am... "Water is out in the village. Conserve! Conserve! It will quickly be in short supply," warns Principal Eric. So here's my water supply for the next..well who knows how long?
Honda Coats
Been meaning to get a pic of this innovative dual purpose technique for keeping both your four wheel ignition and hands from freezing up round here in our neck o the tundra. Kinda like the sleeping bags they put on the planes here too. Can't you just see us out shopping for our vehicles, "Oh, this would look so cute on my four wheel. I wonder if this will fit my plane?"

The Basketball Career
Well, I played the 2nd game (maybe it was the 3rd or 4th I can't remember how many we had to play last year) of basketball ever in my life this morning in the Native Village of Kwinhagak Tournament. We lost but we played with heart. Secretly I was glad we lost so I wouldn't have to play again as I haven't improved at all since last year, though Kathy is trying to tell us we have to play again later anyway, ugh. I'm still running around out there on the court with no more purpose or direction than a chicken with it's head cut off. In the process I did manage to jam my finger which now looks like a hook and get blisters on both of my feet! Ouch, I'm too old for this stuff, lol.

"But ask the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you; or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:7-10

3 comments:

  1. Your basketball adventure reminds me of your first experience with Special Olympics basketball and the trip home from KC. I think I still have pics of you asleep on the way home in the van with the team!! Always good to read your blog!! Have a very blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we lost so I wouldn't have to play again---hmmm I don't think that was the case

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is true but I posted this before you all star chicas had to play two more games, lol. I get moral support points for showing up to cheer don't I. Alicia and Allison were less than happy with my bailing on the rest of the games which I didn't really think we'd have to play. sorry girls but you played like rock stars!

    ReplyDelete