Saturday, February 12, 2011

ATTA BOYS!!!

We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time.
~Vince Lombardi
(That quote was chosen in your Packer honor too, Principal Eric)

Ref Felipe/Yute Air Extraordinaire
The T-shirt he wore underneath his ref shirt said
"I'm just gonna nod my head and act like I'm listening."
I had to laugh as he was getting read the riot act after the game by some fans,
took off his ref jersey, smiled at them and nodded.

If you didn't get a chance to make it the the Quinhagak School Jim-nasium this weekend, especially Friday night's game, you seriously missed out on some good old fashion basketball like it was meant to be played. When all was dunked and swished the Kwig Eagles won by a heart wrenching point. But our Seahawks rocked the court like champions. I don't think there was a fan in the bleachers that could stay seated more than a minute or so we were jumping around as much as the players! Bleeding black and gold folks. Intense was an understatement, not sure the Delta has ever seen a game so good. It didn't really matter who officially won the game, those boys on both teams were busting at the seams with giving it their all. This morning's game was no different, we've definitely got some talent running around up here. Seahawks made an amazing comeback after the 3rd period closing a 15 point lead to 6 points in the last minute of the game. If I was ever not a basketball fan I am converted. My team of choice though, forever when asked will be the Quinhagak Seahawks, end of story!
Nice work out there guys! You make us proud! The sportsmanship between the teams was humbling. After each game the opposing teams would huddle up and chant for whoever they had played, example, the Kwig Eagles after winning Friday night chanted "GOOD GAME SEAHAWKS!!!" and vice versa.
And let's hear it for Coach Jim (the Hallelujah teacher) Barthelman. Way to go Coach!


Don't be jealous or proud, but be humble and consider others more important than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3

6 comments:

  1. Its hard being a referee in a rural village where you take on alot of criticism but this is school activities got to be very honest and fair when calling fouls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael that was me Sengtak who left that comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i forgot the shirt said "Im just gonna nod my head and act like im listening".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Brother and I think you do a fab job! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachel, where do you teach when in Wisconsin - if you did? A gal who went to high school with our kids, now teaches in Winter and on the reservation - vocal music. Her name is Angie Wojcik. Is that familiar to you? Would she know your last name if I gave it to her?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep I think she is teaching at LCO it sounds familiar anyway. She might know me but I think she primarily worked with the elementary students and I was way out in the middle school.

    ReplyDelete