Monday, February 7, 2011

Spring? You Sprang?

"You know what I prayed? In February I actually prayed for spring to come to relieve us of this oppressive, relentless, dismal, dark winter. What was I thinking? I must have been out of my mind. How could I forget the mosquitos? It's like the state bird of Alaska."
- Joel, Northern Exposure

Is there something wrong with this picture???
We sloshed and slid to school today. A good inch of water is now lapping the sheets of ice after the rain fall all last night. Slippery is an understatement for our ground conditions. Bus almost slid off the road into the telephone pole in slow motion this morning. "Are we okay?" one of our little passengers inquired. Tom slid past the bus trying to get on this morning, Connie to the rescue again. Slid right into the bus making my way over to get it started. Sidney reported he slid down his steps and had to go back inside to change his soaked pants. And when Adin and I tried to return to the kindergarten building which we have to travel outside to get to, we found an ice bottomed puddle about 4 inches deep awaiting us at the last step.
"Well, climb on!" I squatted down enough for him to become my piggy back passenger. "Good thing for the Xtra Tufs today!" Splish, splash, slish, splash "Sure hope we don't fall..." I love my job. "Weeeee!" Adin giggled. I also hope he doesn't expect that chariot ride everyday from now on. Seems we all had some kind of slick story to share this morning. Trying to keep the rubber side down up here! Hope your weather is better than ours.

Now in Quinhagak, Alaska

Overcast
36 °F

Feels Like 30 °F

Overcast

Sunrise / Sunset
9:38 AM
6:19 PM

Wind(mph)
7

Today
Rain
38 °F

Rain

100% chance of precipitation


"God alone knows the way to Wisdom, he knows the exact place to find it. He knows where everything is on earth, he sees everything under heaven. After he commanded the winds to blow and measured out the waters, Arranged for the rain and set off explosions of thunder and lightning, He focused on Wisdom, made sure it was all set and tested and ready. Then he addressed the human race: 'Here it is! Fear-of-the-Lord—that's Wisdom, and Insight means shunning evil."
Job 28:23-26

No comments:

Post a Comment