Sunday, February 6, 2011

Til Skogen Jeg Ski


"I'm going to Seattle. The gateway to Alaska. I want an adventure."

-Marilyn telling Joel she is going on vacation, Northern Exposure

Just have to share my enthusiasm today! I'm so excited for our own approaching vacation adventures! Not that everyday isn't an adventure cause it is you know:)



American Birkebeiner Main Street Hayward


The Call of the Winter "Spring Break!" This insinuates that spring is here. Not so much. Around this neck o the tundra it's more that somewhere out there in the future of our seasons spring may or may not be awaiting...but until then a break is entirely appropriate. Will we go to Hawaii or to some hot Caribbean Isle like many fellow Alaskans do to gobble up some much needed rays of sunshine??? NOOOOOOoooooo I'm making a b line for Wisconsin (Lord Willing) via Seattle to enter my favorite main street cross country ski race Ye ol Birkebeiner, which happens to fall on my birthday this year! Only to then turn around and hop a jet back to Anchorage for front row main street seats to the Iditarod! Of which we've all become groupies. Somehow Columbo was convinced to join in on the festivities, he's coming along to experience Hayward in all of it's Nordic Glory. Here in Quin 'spring break' is an opportunity to celebrate the general greatness of winter activities. Yay! A vacation from the snow to the snow! You can just never get too much of a good thing, or so it seems. Must be my Scandinavian-Canadian roots kickin in, "Bring on the break! To the woods I ski!!"


Iditarod Main Street Anchorage


So Here We Are...

Just sitting round Quinhagak waiting for spring...

Shout Out To: All you Cheese Heads back home in Wisconsin. Congrats. I was almost happy for you guys, but it passed;)

“Come to me, all you that labour, and are burdened, and I will refresh you.”

Matthew 11: 28-30


1 comment:

  1. I am SO jealous that you're headed back to Hayward. Good luck in the Birkie! We don't get Spring Break in Kwethluk - just a 3 1/2 day weekend. :(

    ReplyDelete