Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Friend


“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” ~An Eskimo Proverb



My friend up here, David Simon, had another stroke yesterday morning while in the hospital in Anchorage. Today they took him off life support and he went to be with Jesus around 8 pm this evening surrounded by his family and friends. It
was even reported to me that he took with him the grandkids' pet bird and fish from back here in Quinhagak. Both passed on too! It made everyone laugh because he is forever saying to his family that they don't need all those pets around! David and Fannie welcomed me with open arms into their home and family back in August when I arrived in Quin. I know they were sent by God. I would often stop in after church to visit. David always wore a smile, had a funny story and a cup of coffee brewing to share. What a blessing to have known him
in the short time that I have been here.


Please continue to pray for Fannie his wife, Lily, John and Martha his children and his grandchildren and the wonderful friends and family he leaves behind for awhile. Quyana. Thank you all for your prayers. Here are a few pictures of David earlier this fall when he, Fannie and Lily took me upriver fishing. What a time we had! Pretty nice catch, eh? He really is a generous, loving, kindest, gentlest soul. He will be greatly missed by our community.




"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14:1-4


"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kid, As always I;'ve got your back!! Have a very blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rachel, I am so sorry to hear of David's passing. I never had the privilege of meeting David, but I know and love Fannie, Martha, Jackie and Melissa. Please pass a big hug from all their friends in Ohio. And tell them we are rejoicing that David is with Jesus and sad for his loved ones still here ("for awhile"--love that). We look forward to spending time with them this summer. I know your presence in their lives is a blessing.

    your sister in Christ,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,
    i know everyone is saddened by his passing and you having to meet him and having him in your life for a while is a blessing. with him in my life was a blessing. seeing his happy smile, hearing his wonderful stories, and some teasing going on. now he is with our wonderful Lord in Heaven singing the wonderful songs with the angels and meeting his LOVED ONES. it is sad to see him leaving for i have always seen him everyday with a smile so loving. God Bless

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many to pray for these days!!! People need Jesus that's for sure. Our weather has been faculous. 40 by day, sunny and just perfect for early March. Trees will likely get tapped this week - sap is starting to run, snow is melting so the guys are done cutting firewood for this season, the driveway is part mud, part icy slush. Lots of bare spots in the yard. Warm weather is forecast for the next week. I am getting some spring cleaning done. God bless you Rachel and thanks for all the wonderful verses you share and quotes too.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about our weather has been FABULOUS!!! I am not sure what faculous weather is like!

    ReplyDelete