Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Peace

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think you can measure life in terms of years. I think longevity doesn't necessarily have anything to do with happiness. I mean happiness comes from facing challenges and going out on a limb and taking risks. If you're not willing to take a risk for something you really care about, you might as well be dead."
~Maggie O'Connell, Northern Exposure

Happiness

People.

Sharing Smiles.

Kids laughing and running around my little trailer.

Playing hide and seek even though every spot is well known.

Watching someone learn something new.

Watching someone do something they didn't think they could.

The question, "Can we visit?"

Sun coming up over the mountains.

Snow.

A surprise visit from a friend and she brings chocolate, her kids and a movie!

Conversations from the heart...

...With my friends

...With my family

Coffee.

Phone calls.

Running with my pupperoo!

Falling asleep on my couch, waking up at dawn, pupperoo at my side.

Thinking about how amazing our God is.

Knowing He is all we need and He is already there.

Adventures.

Sacrifice
Jimmy came over tonight along with a steady stream of other kids in and out the door. He left with the first wave and then returned later when everyone had left. This was nearing 10pm and I immediately told him he had to go home. It was too late. "I know," he admitted almost sadly, "but I have to get my homework, I left my book." Alright I let him past as a few others were leaving. He found his book, we couldn't find his paper in spite of turning the place inside out but we had a good talk while in search. I could tell he was wanting to talk maybe just be somewhere else, I could empathize with his situation. He even insisted on taking out my honey bucket which was pretty full from all the company this evening. I tried to stop him imagining him being covered with.., well, you know, certain he would slip on the skating rink at the bottom of my steps due to my drain running right out on the ground on a daily basis. He did it though, carried it out the door and over to the hopper, the bucket nearly his own weight. He happily returned triumphantly offering his honey bucket emptying expert services at any time. Looking for a reason to extend his stay he assured me that he could handle holding Ani as we took our nightly walk. "He won't pull me over, watch." You ever have one of those moments where you just want to hug the little guy. I don't know what his whole story is, as we ever rarely do with anyone, but I know he has dealt with much in his young life. Our visit was good for both of us. It reminds me of what is truly important in life when I get caught up in pointless, meaningless things.

Kids
We set up the tent in the arctic entry and that seems to be where it will stay for a while.

Life
Been sifting through the pages of this last year in my life... a lot happens in a year, you know. Thank you God for the journey while en route to the destination.

"The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy. The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes." Psalm 19:8




No comments:

Post a Comment